Friday, November 11, 2011

Better late than never.... October Favorites

Typically I would share my October favorites at the beginning of November, but just like every single year, after Halloween.... BAM! The year starts ending with rapid speed and Thanksgiving is literally right around the corner. And dun, dun, dun... Christmas begins! (AHHHHHHHHHHHHH) So, I'd like to apologize for not sharing this with you sooner and possibly for future favorites that don't come out right on schedule! ;)

This month I've been in a bit of a makeup rut. It happens every year. Minimal makeup is worn (at best) on most days with the exception of the weekends, and that's only if we have a birthday party or some sort of event to attend. I think it's because all that Summer color is fading. Eventually I'll embrace the olive-ey skin tone just like I manage to every year. However, for now, I am only giving my makeup half the attention it usually gets.

 Anyway, let us get to the point!

1. MAC lipstick in High Tea
I've been reaching for this a lot lately. High Tea is a lustre formula and beigey pink in color. Not only have I been using this for myself frequently, but it is my go-to shade for weddings. Brides typically want a neutral but enhanced look and High Tea really fits that description perfectly. I like to apply a nude lip liner onto semi-moisturized lips (like MAC's Oak liner) before applying the lipstick with my favorite Sonia Kashuk lip brush. This lipstick has been a staple for me for a long, long time and lately my most worn lipstick!

2. Xen-Tan Face Tanner Luxe Self-Tanning Lotion
So... ya know how I was complaining earlier about my Summer glow fading? This stuff has saved me in times of need when I have zero time and can't seem to justify baking myself in the tanning bed. Birchbox, oh my dear, amazing, lovely Birchbox sent me this in my June box earlier this year. (or May... or July...?) I still have a substantial amount left AND I've used it so many times. The color is natural, it doesn't smell horrible and it works fast. It actually kind of smells like chocolate. I feel like I can get away with wearing little to no foundation when I use it! Yes... seriously! It looks THAT good. Apply it evenly in circular motions to your face and neck and voila! I will be so sad when this stuff runs out that I will probably be purchasing the full size version right away!

3. Sonia Kashuk stippling brush
This brush has been my favorite tool lately for applying blush! It doesn't pick up a lot of product on its bristles- which, to me, is very forgiving when you are using highly pigmented blushes. It picks up the perfect amount with a little swirl and a tap! Apply this onto the apples of your cheeks and outward. Blend with a kabuki brush to eliminate any harsh lines and you've got the most perfect, naturally flushed cheeks! Which leads me to another favorite (duo) this month...

4 & 5. NARS blush in Orgasm & ELF blush in Pink Passion
"Wait, what? You apply two blushes at once? Why?!?"
I know, sounds crazy, right? I suggest this method to every one because it's how you get the most natural flushed cheeks. I apply Pink Passion first and Orgasm second. After you blend and buff with your kabuki, notice the color appears to come from within rather than one flat color on the top of your skin. This method also has much more lasting power than using one color. Both of these colors are seriously gorgeous! Pink Passion is an in-your-face hot pink that is surprisingly beautiful and natural looking on the skin. Orgasm is a perfect pinky peach with subtle gold shimmer. Both of these combined, for me, are the perfect duo for my medium skin tone although Orgasm is most frequently used and flattering on fair skin.

6. Coastal Scents Professional Camouflage Concealer Palette
 
 The consistency of this palette is a little too much for under the eyes but works phenomenally on blemishes, redness, discoloration, etc. I have to, without a doubt, pack this in my makeup kit! It's a must-have. I love the wide array of colors and how great the coverage is. Not only does it work amazingly - it's super affordable! If you haven't checked out Coastal Scents, please do. Their website is www.coastalscents.com


Not a whole lot this month, but never fear... I seem to always find my way out of these ruts! ;)

Thanks for reading,
LOVExoxo
Katherine

5 comments:

  1. I would really like to try the High Tea sometime. I don't typically wear anything on my lips, but I have always wanted to try a nude lip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the NARS super orgasm, and I'm definitely getting the Elf blush to try with it. I'll also be getting the MAC in high tea. When is your next blog post coming out? Hurry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca, high tea is great for anyone who doesn't want to go totally nude or totally pink. It's right there in the middle!

    Amy.. next blog is coming in about two minutes! Glad you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did u buy the Coastal Scents Professional Camouflage Concealer Palette from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sam! I bought the camo palette from their website, www.coastalscents.com ! :)

    ReplyDelete